100% Natural Homemade Acne Reducing Mask & Toner!
Its EasyMaking your own facial mask and toner is easy, cheap and 100% natural which is great for your skin.
We cant afford to spend on expensive products that may not have promising results on our skin.
Making your own products at home is one of the good ways of cutting down your expenses and saving money. Good facial mask and toners in most drugstores or beauty shops can be expensive and a lot of their major ingredients can be found in your local health food store i.e Holland and Barrett or even in some supermarkets.
Mask - Naturally everyone has got a skin care regimen they use on a daily bases of cleansing, toning and moisturizing their skin, twice a day preferably day and night ( if you do not have a regimen please start one now it will help improve your skin). A mask is used for a deeper cleansing of opening the pores and removing impurities. It is also used for brightening the skin, healing hyper-pigmentation and acne scars. In the past i used to think i didn't need to use a facial mask, i used to think just scrubbing and exfoliating was enough for my skin...boy was i wrong....facial mask makes a huge difference on our skin, it leaves the skin really clean, fresh and smooth. I really recommend everyone to include facial mask as part of their skincare regimen to achieve a beautiful healthy and glowy skin.
The easiest and most effective homemade mask especially for troubled skin i.e Acne that has worked for me is the Aspirin Mask...yeah u heard it right...Aspirin mask.
Aspirin is made of Salicylic acid also known as Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA). BHA is an excellent exfoliant and has anti-inflammatory properties, it removes dead skin cells and allows growth of new skin, helping the skin shed more efficiently therefore improving the skin discoloration, photo-damaged skin, wrinkles and acne. Many Acne skin care products have got BHA as one of their ingredients. The down side of BHA is that it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, therefore you will need to wear a good SPF moisturizer of about 25+ UVA and UVB.
- 2 or 3 tablets Aspirins ( it has to be non coated its easy to dissolve)
- Few drops of water
- Honey- it has enzymes that helps to rejuvenate the skin making them appear younger, softer and smoother. If you are allergic to honey you can always use Aloe Vera it works the same.
Add 2 or 3 drops of aspiring in a saucer or petri dish, add a few drops of water. Allow the aspirin to dissolve for about 2 or 3 minutes, then mash it up with your fingers. Add few drops Honey or Aloe Vera into to the dissolved aspirin, mix and apply unto your face. The mixture will have a grittier texture which is great for exfoliating. Remember to avoid the eye area and exfoliate as you apply the mixture. Wait 15 minutes
Rinse off in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin. After rinsing Pat your face dry with a face towel and follow the next step which is toning.
Toner- is usually used after cleansing the face to remove oil and traces of dirt. Toner is great especially for people with oily skin or acne-prone skin. A toner tightens pores to reduce the penetration of impurities into your skin. After cleansing your face with soap the alkaline in the soap disturbs the skin pH balance. A toner restores the pH balance quickly. There are different ways of making homemade Toner. My favorite and the one that works for my sensitive skin is Apple cider vinegar toner.
Apple cider vinegar is packed with alpha-hydroxy (AHA) and amino acids that help to dissolve dead skin cells, balance the pH level of skin and stimulate blood circulation. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar stimulates the capillaries under the skin, leaving you with a soft glow. Apple cider Vinegar also act as a great antibacterial toner on the skin. It helps to eliminate bacterias on the skin and tightens the pores as well. Please remember not to use pure vinegar, it has to be apple cider vinegar.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of distilled water or bottled water
- 5 tbs of Rose water
- Green tea it will help mask the smell of the apple cider vinegar and green tea is also an excellent antioxidants which helps to prevent wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes.
- 1 table spoon of glycerin
- An empty bottle or spray bottle whichever suits yo
- Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of distilled water or bottled water and 5 tablespoons of Rose water in the empty bottle and shake well.
- Put a bad of green tea 1/4 cup of boiled water, leave it in for 15 minutes. Take out the tea bag and let the tea cool for about 1 hour.
- Once the tea has cooled add it into the bottle containing the toner. Shake well
- soak the cotton pad/bud with the toner and apply gently to your face and neck. If you prefer you can put it in a spray bottle and spray on your face, please make sure that your eyes are closed when doing this. The next step will be to apply a moisturizer.
- The toner will have to be kept refrigerated
I hope this was helpful, you don't have to pay a lot of money to take care of your skin. Natural remedies are the best because they don't contain any harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin instead of helping it. I have very sensitive skin and i spent a lot of money on acne products from drugstores and department stores and those products were not working for me. Then i started doing research on how i can improve my skin and found out that the natural way is the best. My skin is not perfect but its better than what it used to be and it looks healthy. Also remember to drink loads of water, without water all this treatments will not work so water is essential for your skin.Use the facial mask only once a week, and within two weeks you will notice a change in your skin.
- Let me know what you think in the comment box below xx