TWA - My first Shampoo and Deep Conditioning Routine




Hi Beauties

Its been about 3 weeks since my Big Chop, since then i have been co-washing my hair. I think its about time for me to shampoo and deep condition my hair. I dont have a fixed Hair regimen yet and that's because i am still researching and learning the best way to care and protect my hair. Once i get a fixed Regimen i will definitely write about it.







Shampoo

I used a clarifying cleansing powder to wash my hair. I used Aritha powder (Sapindus Trifolatus) which is commonly known as Retha Powder . It is a natural cleansing Agent recommended by Ayuverdic Experts, it stimulates hair growth and improves the texture of the hair.
I also added equal amount of Shikakai Powder- It claims to strenghten hair roots, increases bounciness and silkiness of hair, and keeps the scalp clean and cool.

Mixing The Paste
Place the required amount of Aritha Powder into a bowl add water and mixed until it turned into a paste.

I applied the paste to my hair, massage gently and waited about 5 minutes and washed it thouroughly. Wash with warm water.



Verdict Of Shampoo Paste
My hair was not soft after using thses shampoo and it does not foam or lather, so i will have to find a better formula for making a shampoo using the powders. Probably mixing it with my Cream Of Nature detangling shampoo.


Moisturising Conditioner

1 tbs Regular Conditioner - This is Optional you don't have to add a conditioner.
2tbs of mashed Banana-This is best for Hair and Scalp. It is rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins that helps in softening the hair and protects the hair's natural elasticity preventing split ends and breakage. Bananas creates manageability, shine, growth and controls dandruff.
1tbs Coconut Milk- Great moisturizer and prevent dandruff on scalp
2 tsp Amla- It is great for the nourishment of hair and it also defines the curls.
2tbs Honey- it is a great moisturizing agent and makes the hair really soft.
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil- It is added to provide extra slip Which makes producst through the strand easier to manipulate.
1 tbs Castor oil- this promotes healthy hair growth and makes hair thicker.

Mix everything together and i applied it on my hair, covered the hair with a conditioning cap and left it for 30 minutes. I rinse everything with cool water.

Verdict

My hair was left really soft after i applied the conditioner.




To style my hair i applied a leave-in condition ( a mixture of Cantu Shea butter with Aloe vera juice pH 5) to my wet hair and added aloe vera gel to it.
This Conditioning method can also be used on relaxed hair. I hope you found it helpful and if you try it. Please let me know how it goes.


     

If you have a hair care routine please share it in the comment box below. Hope you all have a wonderful week, God Bless x



Comments

Popular Posts