Natural Hair Update- 7 Months Growth



Hi Beauties

This is my first post for 2012 so Happy new Year Ladies and Gents. I am back today with my Natural hair update. I have been keeping my hair in a protective style (weaves) throughout this winter period. In Novermber i had my natural hair out but could not write about it because it was during the time i had my Sinus Operation. The picture above is a picture i took back in November 2011and that's how long my hair grew then. The hair is actually in its shruken state because i had just washed it, it's actually a bit longer than this. For some reason i feel like my hair is not growing as fast as i would like it to grow but its not too bad, it's healthy that is what countsfor me.

This is My Current Hair Regimen;
Pre-poo- The night before i shampoo and condition my hair i do a pre-poo which is a kind of treatment before shampooing. I keep it simple with my pre-poo. I make a mixture of different oils like Olive oil, Castor oil and avocado oil and soak my hair in this mixture. I leave it overnight and shampoo the next day. There are different ways of doing a pre-poo, this is how i like to do mine.



Shampoo- I shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo, i really love this shampoo it cleans my hair and leaves it soft and detangled, i highly recommend this Shampoo for coarse hair or any hair for that matter.




Conditioner- After washing my hair i follow up with a conditioner. For quick conditioning i use Tresemme Naturals Conditioner, which i also love and it's one of my staple hair products. I mix the conditioner with Olive Oil, I leave the conditioner in my hair for about 5 to 10 minutes and wash it off.








For a Deep Conditioning i use what i have been using since i've gone natural and that is Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner and this is another staple hair product of mine. I apply the conditioner, wrap my hair with cling film and scarf, i leave it on for about 30 minutes and Rince it off.
This leave my hair really soft.



Moisturizer and Sealant- I have tried different Moisturisers but i have found that the Cantu Shea Leave In works best for me. It leaves my hair moisturised and soft. After i apply the moisturiser and then apply Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil to seal the moisture.








After all that i style my hair. I either leave it in an Afro or do a twist or braid out. I sleep with a Satin Bonnet on my hair or i sometimes use a Satin Pillow to protect my hair.
I have learned to keep it simple with my hair. It took me a very long time to find the products that works for me and i have stuck with them. Sometimes it's good to experiment with different products because you might find a better product than what you are currently using, but because i had to battle with my hair in the beginning (dry hair), i jsut want to continue with what works for me at the moment. But saying that i actually bought a new all natural shampoo and conditioner. I will be try them out once i do my next wash and i will be doing a full review on the products.

Ok Beauties i hope this was helpful, if you have any questions please comment below.
Have a Blessed week, Bisous x

Nyla

Comments